Parents did the unthinkable to save their baby
What would you do if your house caught on fire with your precious children inside? Would you even think twice about running through the flames to save them? And if they couldn’t get out from the first floor, would you trust someone down below to catch them? Kristy Morton acted solely on instinct when she tossed her baby to her waiting neighbor, and she may have saved her life.
It was slowly becoming a new day on Bruce St Blacktown in Sydney, Australia. But just before 8 a.m., something went terribly wrong for one family who woke up to find that their very lives were in danger.
The Smell of Smoke
Luke Hayes, Kristy Morton, and their precious seven-month-old daughter, Nevaeh, awoke to black smoke billowing from the unit right underneath their second-story apartment. Luke recalled, “I was in bed asleep and I heard ‘fire’ from down below and there was smoke everywhere in the unit, I thought I was going to die.”
There was only one way out since the hallway and stairs were full of deadly smoke, but they weren’t sure how to get their baby down from the second story window safely.
But, miraculously, someone was there to help them.