Car accident. Car caught fire and I was trapped. Someone passing by stopped, broke the window with his fist, and pulled me out while other by standers stood and watched. (Jona479)
I was hiking alone in Sweden last easter holiday in a national park and wasn’t able to reach a cabin before nightfall.
Pitched my tent next to a frozen lake in the middle of a forest, well hidden away from the road since it’s illegal to camp in tents in the national parks.
Since I was running out of water I went to the lake to break off some ice to melt. Foolishly went trough some waterplants and on the ice to find a good spot. Next thing I know I’m chest deep in the cold water with my boots stuck in the mud.
My instincts got the better of me and I started breaking off ice around me to get back to the side while cursing profoundly. I eventually got out, took some of the broken ice with me and made some asparagus soup.
Next day I walked back into civilisation in frozen boots, got on a bus and drove to a big city and checked into youthhostel. Only when I was standing in the shower I realised what might have happened. (Yarrson)
While you were sleeping
My boyfriend and I went out one night and got super drunk. When we came home I bolted for the bed and immediatelly fell asleep. The last thing I remember is that he was getting water from the kitchen. Fast forward to 7 hours later I wake up and notice the smell of gas in the bedroom. I get out of bed and open the door and a wave of even stronger gas smell hits me. I see him sleeping on the couch with vomit around him. I’m still not sure what’s going on so I run into the kitchen and notice that one of the burners on the stove was “on” and emitting gas. I guess when he went to get water he was so drunk that he could barely walk so he probably ran into the stove and accidentally turned the burner knob. I have never freaked out so much as I did at that moment. For a second I didn’t even know if he was asleep or dead from asphyxiation. I immediately woke him up and opened all the doors/windows in the apartment and called the fire dept just to be safe. Everything turned out fine but just thinking about it now makes me cringe so much.
Tldr: inhaled natural gas for 8 hours while passed out from drinking and luckily didn’t turn on any lights in the house when I woke up to piss. (damien_shallwenot)