Fidget spinners are taking over, and in a big way. Everywhere you look someone is spinning one of those little things in their hands: Everyone seems to have one. However, do these toys present any kind of danger? You might be surprised, and a situation recently broke out that made parents everywhere scared of the little spinners.
A fidget spinner is a simple toy that is usually made out of some colorful plastic and a ball bearing. The trendy toy has become incredibly popular and you can even buy them at your local gas station. They’re easy to come by, cheap, and they can be tons of fun. But are they dangerous?
Here comes trouble!
Texas mother Kelly Rose had a normal relaxing Saturday turn into a terrible nightmare for her and her 10-year-old daughter. They were on the way back home from a swim meet when things went terribly wrong. Kelly said that she all of a sudden heard her daughter make an “odd retching noise” in the back seat while she was driving.
The girl pointed to her throat trying to indicate that she had swallowed something. Kelly looked into her rearview mirror to see her daughters face turning red and there was drool pouring from her mouth. She was panicking, and Kelly immediately pulled the car over. The daughter had taken the bearing out of the spinner and put it in her mouth, and ended up somehow swallowing it. They called an ambulance as soon as possible and rushed to the hospital.